Welcome to the Château Barrabaque website
Château Barrabaque is located in the appellations of Fronsac and Canon-Fronsac, close to Pomerol and Saint-Emilion and produces great Merlot-based wines from Bordeaux.
Achille NOËL was a wine merchant from the Lille region when, in 1936, he bought this ancient property that dates back to the 18th Century. Nicole NOËL, at the helm of the property until 2004, successfully managed to create a flagship of the appellation. After having made her mark in Saint-Emilion, Caroline NOËL-BARROUX took over in 2004. Having received no less than 7 “Coup de Coeur’s” from the Hachette Wine Guide, this family cru proudly participates in the renown of the appellation.
Discover our 4-red wine cuvées:
• Château Barrabaque Tradition,
• Château Barrabaque Prestige,
• Château Barrabaque cuvée Hugo,
• Château Barrabaque Divin,
• Le Caprice de Caroline, Barrabaque dry white,
• Barrabaque Rosé.
We remain at your disposal throughout the year upon reservation.
Taking to heart the preservation of health and respect for the environment of where we live, we have practiced ecologically responsible reasoned farming in the vines for 20 years.
This voluntary approach over time has led us to:
• Grow grass between the rows,
• Eliminate all chemical herbicides,
• Eliminate insecticides,
• Use products that respect the existing fauna.